Converging Content with Technology
During recent years, the entertainment, sports and media industries have continued to dramatically evolve, overlapping with each other more and more and increasingly focusing on technology and complex global transactions. Reflecting this changing landscape, Latham’s entertainment, sports and media lawyers provide sophisticated counsel to industry clients — including motion picture studios, production companies, sports teams and leagues, venues, events, marketers, broadcasters and industry associations — on the following:
- Acquisitions, investments, dispositions, joint ventures and mergers related to international entertainment and media companies as well as sports teams and leagues
- Complex digital media and technology agreements
- Content licensing, production, acquisition and distribution deals
- Disputes, claims and government actions related to parties ranging from individual talent to multi-national companies
- Negotiations with and on behalf of sports teams, leagues, and international sporting events
- Multi-party real estate, project siting and finance matters
- Television, radio, and new media transactions
- Bridging traditional and new media, as well connecting emerging centers of media and entertainment influence
Latham provides clients — especially those competing within the context of the convergence culture's rapidly changing consumer demands — a combination of specific client focus and substantive industry expertise to help them achieve strategic, long-term success.
Latham’s representative clients range from major US motion picture studios and conglomerates, to international distributors of television and film content, digital media, music and live event venues, sports-related industries, as well as satellite, cable and telecommunications companies.