Companies that develop, own, use or outsource technology and related intellectual property (IP) turn to Latham to address the intricate issues that can arise during a deal, or along the road to market.
Commercial and IP Transactions Advisors
As businesses become increasingly interdependent in a highly-competitive, dynamic marketplace they must ensure that they can collaboratively and profitably develop, protect, share and exploit their assets, including technology and intellectual property assets.
Latham’s technology transactions lawyers provide practical, industry-savvy strategic guidance to help our clients address these needs, whether they arise in day-to-day operations or vital, company-changing transactions, by developing and negotiating:
- Joint ventures
- Strategic alliances
- Share and asset transactions
- Intellectual property development and licensing agreements
- Outsourcing and service agreements
- OEM and supply agreements
- Distribution and reseller agreements
- Advertising, marketing and co-branding agreements
The firm navigates clients through issues related to:
- Regulatory compliance
- Data privacy, transfer and security
- Government contracts and funding issues
Latham’s Technology Transactions lawyers have significant experience with the following industries:
With lawyers deployed in key technology and commercial centers around the world, Latham is well positioned to provide on-the-spot, market-savvy counsel.