James Beaubien is the Managing Partner of the Los Angeles office of Latham & Watkins, where he has practiced since 1991. Mr. Beaubien is also a former Chair of the Los Angeles Corporate Department. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, public companies and corporate finance.
In the M&A area, Mr. Beaubien represents strategic and financial buyers and sellers in public and private transactions. He also represents issuers, institutional investors and investment banks in public and private debt and equity offerings, restructurings and other financing transactions. Mr. Beaubien’s experience spans a broad range of industries, including consumer products, media, real estate, healthcare and technology. His clients include Live Nation, Mattel, Health Net, Moelis & Company, Cerner Corporation, TriPointe Homes, Woodside Homes, The Washington Companies, Leonard Green & Partners, Saban Capital, Brentwood Associates and Marlin Equity Partners.
Mr. Beaubien’s experience includes the following representations:
- Mattel in connection with its acquisition of HIT Entertainment
- Shamrock Holdings in connection with its bid to acquire the Los Angeles Dodgers
- Live Nation in connection with its merger with Ticketmaster
- Live Nation in connection with unsolicited tender offer by Liberty Media
- Mattel in connection with its acquisition of Radica Games Ltd.
- Crest Steel in connection with its acquisition by Reliance Steel
- Arden Realty in connection with its acquisition by General Electric
- Barratt Developments in connection with the sale of its California operations
- TriPointe Homes in connection with an investment by Starwood Capital
- Moelis & Company in connection with its formation and launch of operations
- Leonard Green in connection with the acquisition of IMS Health
- Health Net in connection with the divestiture of its Northeast operations
- Live Nation in connection with the sale of Live Nation Motor Sports
- Leonard Green in connection with its proposed acquisition of Hollywood Entertainment
- Saban Capital in connection with the acquisition of ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG
- Gryphon Investors in connection with the sale of Bright Now! Dental to Freeman Spogli
- Nestlé USA in connection with the sale of Libby Canned Meats
- Nestlé USA in connection with the acquisition of Ortega Mexican Foods