Combining regional knowledge and experience with an international network of lawyers, Latham lawyers provide comprehensive service to clients with interests in the Middle East, Africa, Asia and beyond.
One of the only firms to offer US, English and local law capabilities in the region, Latham’s Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai and Riyadh offices are staffed with internationally and domestically qualified lawyers who have Arabic, English, French and other language capabilities.
Combining Comprehensive Service with In-Depth Expertise
Latham’s Middle East practice counsels clients in industries from aerospace, defense, government and financial services to transportation in the most relevant practice areas in the region:
- Banking and Finance: Representing governments, state-owned funds, financial institutions, issuers and borrowers and private funds in regional and global debt finance markets
- Capital Markets: Helping major investment and commercial banks, as well as sovereigns and companies of all sizes secure debt and equity financing to grow and succeed
- Dispute Resolution: Advising clients in contentious and non-contentious matters related to every continent and region of the world
- Investment Funds and Strategic Opportunities: Advising sponsors and investors on the structuring and formation of conventional and Shari’ah-compliant investment funds operating in the MENA region and other emerging markets
- Islamic Finance: Assisting governments, banks, sponsors, ECAs and investment funds with Shari’ah-compliant transactions around the world, including numerous award-winning and first-in-country deals
- M&A and Joint Ventures: Counseling sovereign wealth funds, banks, large corporate and private equity funds on regional, in-bound and out-bound transactions
- Project Development and Finance: Advising developers, borrowers, sponsors and lenders in the successful development and financing of numerous projects and the integration of credit facilities
- Restructuring and Insolvency: Handling large, complex debt restructurings and work-outs in the region and operating at the forefront of policy development in corporate restructurings
- Technology Transactions and IP: Advising on all aspects of the procurement, development, protection and exploitation of technology and intellectual property across a wide range of industry sectors
- Strategic Contracts: Advising on strategic commercial transactions including IT, voice and data network and business process outsourcing, shared services and other strategic alliances in the context of corporate M&A, joint ventures, and major development projects
- Venture Capital: Providing strategic advice to multinational companies and family-owned businesses on day-to-day operations and transactional matters spanning the entire life cycle of a company
Other key practice areas include Climate Change, Derivatives, Employment/Benefits, Government Relations, Private Equity, Structured Finance and Tax.
Watch a video about Latham's venture capital capabilities in the Middle East
Awards & Rankings
Latham’s Middle East Practice is consistently ranked in the top bands of Chambers Global and Legal 500 for: Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate/Commercial, Investment Funds, Islamic Finance and Projects & Energy.
Lawyers from Latham's Middle East Office run the Al-Mirsal blog, which offers insight and commentary on legal developments in the region.